From social stress, transition and divorce, bullying and trauma, children and adolescents are under more pressure now than ever before. Young people often struggle with self-image and self-esteem issues, sometimes depression and eating disorders, and substance abuse is a big threat in today’s hurried, stressful pace.
MSCC specializes in providing therapy for children, teenagers and young adults, working from a strengths-based approach. Therapy can be an opportunity to:
* Learn about yourself and discover who you are
* Address concerns about depression or anxiety
* Receive treatment for ADD and learning disorders
* Increase self-esteem, confidence and assertiveness
* Develop a positive relationship with food and your body
* Understand the way you communicate and learn new skills
* Explore feelings about making positive decisions about sex and relationships
* Improve time management, prioritization and organizational skills
* Explore feelings about making positive decisions about drugs and alcohol
* Understand the shifting roles and boundaries in your relationships with your family
* Receive academic or career counseling
* Learn positive self-care
MSCC has therapists on staff who young people can relate to and understand. Our therapists are warm, compassionate and non-judgmental. We understand the issues that children, teenagers and young adults face with regard to school, family, relationships and life in general.
All services at MSCC are confidential according to state and professional regulations.
If your parents want to know that you are attending your therapy, your therapist may ask for consent to communicate about attendance, payment, and in the event of an emergency, but otherwise the details of your therapy are kept confidential to promote healing and growth in a safe and confidential environment. If you are under 16, we will need the consent of your parent(s) or legal guardian(s) to participate in therapy.
If you are using your insurance to pay for therapy, the primary insured person (which may be your parent), will receive a copy of your statements. Most insurance will pay for some your therapy. We will check your benefits and bill your insurance. We are in-network with most plans and your co-pay may be paid by cash, check or credit card.